So close to being finished. And then, only three shields to go.
The first shield is nearly done. It went from this, to this:
in a matter of days. It’s actually even further along the path to the finish line. The top right quadrant is filled, with a pretty cream color. I just have to do the last quarter and then outline everything with a sable brown.
Viking women would decorate the seams of their garments both to tack down the seam allowances and to create visual interest along the major lines of their garments. Some of the stitches used were delightfully intricate. I had trouble with one, until I sat down with the instructor of a class on them and made her go over how it was done.
It’s the pink one up there in the middle top. I got it eventually.
Naturally, after I figured out I could actually do these, I hastened to start embellishing my own Viking Hangarok. The pink and brown is on the straps, and the white interlaced stitch is on the front two seams. I’m really pleased with how fancy it’s looking.