Browsed by
Tag: project-setup

New Project: Viking Collar

New Project: Viking Collar

I started another project today, a quick viking collar for a tunic with a damaged neckline. The inside of the tunic will be patched, and the outside will be hidden by this collar. It will be embroidered in blue DMC cotton for washability, and the tunic is forest green linen. I’ll add some matching blue embroidery on the cuffs of the tunic to make it coordinate.

Viking Collar

The design is based on one of the Mammen embroideries, an acanthus vine that’s small and solidly embroidered in various colors. However, I found this tunic on pinterest, and loved the spare, graphic outline of the same design.

Shields

Shields

Setting up a new embroidery project. These will be the coats of arms for the current and former Baron and Baroness of my SCA group. Her Excellency commissioned me to make them, to be added to the Baronial cloaks. My goal is to have them finished by Christmas.

New embroidery project, take 2.

New Embroidery Project

New Embroidery Project

Gearing up to start a new embroidery project: an embroidery kit for someone in the SCA. There will be a pouch (that’s what this is), a scissor fob, and a needle-roll. I can’t wait to start!

Gearing up for a new embroidery project.